Hello everybody, this is Isaac writing, and I am homeless. Yes. Homeless. We actually officially close tomorrow at 9:00, when the house will no longer be ours. Our friend's parents are in New Mexico, so we're staying at their house. We're very grateful to them, it's been SUCH a blessing. It's been nice especially since we're next door to some of our friends, a short drive away from others, and five minutes away from our new house. We are hoping that our house is finished up soon because our interest rate is only locked in till April 4.
Yesterday we moved my fish tank, which was an adventure. I didn't realize that they had grown so much, and the net I had was too small for all but one. So we took that one out, and left the other three in the tank, drained the water to about 5 in., and took the decorations out. Then we unplugged all the electrical equipment and moved it in a rubbermaid tub. On the way to where we are staying, we heard a loud CRACK!! We thought the fish tank had cracked in the bottom, and the water was still mostly held in by the gravel. I watched it for leaks while we drove the last 3 min. When we got out of the car, we found that it wasn't the fish tank that cracked, because it wasn't leaking, but we still wanted to know what made the loud noise. We carried the fish tank over to the table, and it turned out that the rubbermaid container had cracked. (Sorry Birminghams, I hope you knew this already). That was quite an adventure!
On Saturday, we went to the Stulberg International Strings Competition Semifinals in Kalamazoo. It was a little rough on the way there, because we were late. Bailey had escaped and catching her made us even more late. It was raining and we didn't have any directions. We made it there just in time. We listened to a double bassist and two violinists. My favorite was the bassist, who ended up winning! I talked to him for a little bit after he performed, and he said he started when he was in middle school, which is what another bassist I met said, and that's when I started. That was encouraging to hear. I hope I'm that good someday.
Are you getting bored? I hope not, because I'm just typing down my thoughts because I'm posting this for something to do, so I hope it's interesting. I'm working on my Dad's laptop, so I can't load pictures, but I wish I could.
I think I mentioned in a previous post that my latest hobby was reading about tropical freshwater fish. Now I read about fish and gerbils. I love gerbils. You should read about them and see how much better they are than hamsters and fancy rats. I'm ready to debate anyone that thinks otherwise. I thought it would be pushing it to ask my parents for gerbils and a new fish tank, so I talked my sister into getting the gerbils. I should probably end this entry, so good bye for now.
Blushing Alone
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment