I started writing a story about mythical creatures called Luna's they are human shaped as big as a rabbit and have Luna moth wings. Soren is my main character with blonde hair and a silver head piece. She is a deadly shot with her bow. Here is the first part of my story:
Soren, the Luna, peeked through the scraggly underbrush and beheld a slim silhouette walking terribly near her hiding place. As silent as the air itself, she waited in suspense. Suddenly, a golden eagle, which is a Luna's worst enemy, lunged through the air, eyes feasting on the pinpointed profile. With the power of immortal speed she drew back her bow and shot, sending the dangerous animal reeling away injured and bewildered. The stranger wheeled around, eyes locked on Soren hiding in the bushes. Recognition dawned on Soren's face as she realized the stranger was her best friend, curly haired Fern.
"Fern! What are you doing so far from the hollow?"
"What are you doing?" She answered, just as surprised. Soren straightened herself proudly and answered,
"I'm getting myself a cat." Now you have to understand, since Luna's are only the rabbit-size a cat is used as a horse.
"A cat!" Fern exclaimed, "Women don't catch cats, men do!"
"Well Fern, you have your brothers cat to ride on, so seeing I don't have a brother, I'm getting one myself.
"Y-you can't!"
"I'm perfectly capable!" With that, strong-willed Soren stomped off leaving Fern dumbfounded.
I have more already written, but that will be posted tomorrow. Please feel free to comment on things you think should be changed. Don't worry Soren doesn't stay as strong-headed through the whole story. :) Thank you!
Soren, the Luna, peeked through the scraggly underbrush and beheld a slim silhouette walking terribly near her hiding place. As silent as the air itself, she waited in suspense. Suddenly, a golden eagle, which is a Luna's worst enemy, lunged through the air, eyes feasting on the pinpointed profile. With the power of immortal speed she drew back her bow and shot, sending the dangerous animal reeling away injured and bewildered. The stranger wheeled around, eyes locked on Soren hiding in the bushes. Recognition dawned on Soren's face as she realized the stranger was her best friend, curly haired Fern.
"Fern! What are you doing so far from the hollow?"
"What are you doing?" She answered, just as surprised. Soren straightened herself proudly and answered,
"I'm getting myself a cat." Now you have to understand, since Luna's are only the rabbit-size a cat is used as a horse.
"A cat!" Fern exclaimed, "Women don't catch cats, men do!"
"Well Fern, you have your brothers cat to ride on, so seeing I don't have a brother, I'm getting one myself.
"Y-you can't!"
"I'm perfectly capable!" With that, strong-willed Soren stomped off leaving Fern dumbfounded.
I have more already written, but that will be posted tomorrow. Please feel free to comment on things you think should be changed. Don't worry Soren doesn't stay as strong-headed through the whole story. :) Thank you!

No comments:
Post a Comment